Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Welcome to my "workshop"- a mini-craftroom tour!


Welcome! Come and see where I make stuff! (And sometimes break stuff.)
Believe it or not, I sometimes step out of the kitchen. When I do, this is where I go....


Those shelves go all the way to the ceiling, and cover an entire wall, save for the spot where the desk is. And they are CHOCK FULL.




Have a I mentioned that I collect stuff? And do a lot of crafts...?



For example, this end of the wall is all beading and jewelry-making stuff. 



All of these bins are full. I mean, full. Of stuff- tools, beads, wire, pendants, all kinds of stuff. There's also the sewing stuff, the rugmaking stuff, the crochet stuff, the found objects bins, and many, many large bins of fabric in the basement. With any luck, you'll be joining me in much of their use.

I'm hoping to show you how I use these, pretty soon-

  
But we'll start more simply, with those simple, stackable, washable, great-for-work bracelets that I was mumbling about a couple of posts ago. You're going to learn to do this:


And this:




We'll talk about how many of these you might want to have around:



But we won't be using this. Not right off.




 Come back in a day or two, and I'll show you how to make these:


See ya soon!


~

Linking up to the Craft-O-Maniac Monday Link Party!





6 comments:

  1. Wow Heather, I'm impressed! You're so organized. I should take a pic of my "area" and send it to you. I think it'd be good for a few guffaws. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boy howdy, it *wouldn't* be so nice, if Mark hadn't've installed all of that shelving! Put that boy of yours to work- he can put up shelves for you, too! :)

      Delete
  2. I envy your organization! My future studio is a mess of boxes, packing materials, bins, bikes, left over furniture, etc. right now. Someday, though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe you'll get there, sooner than you think! I stagnated for over 5 years, while Thing Two was growing into a kid, vs. an infant, but then suddenly, POW! Workspace! LOL Love what you're doing to your house- it has good bones, and it's gonna be fantastic when you're finished with it! :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. *Hee hee* It hardly EVER stays that way for long! :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment! Love hearing from you- it makes my day!