Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Week 5. I don't want a smoke. I want THESE....

It's officially been five weeks since I quit smoking! File that under "Stuff that Makes Me Happy"- I really was convinced, several times in my life, that this day would never come. But here it is- and it. Is. Wonderful!

After 27 years, it's incredibly freeing, to be rid of cigarettes: the smell (read: stench), the disapproving looks, the awkwardness of having to find a place to sneak one, and the costs involved. YIKES. With what I'm saving, I'm really hoping to be able to afford a treat in the near future. Which brings me to these:




I found them on Zenni Optical today. I want them bad. 

As I've mentioned before, I commute by bicycle, to and from work twice a day, every working day. I ride through one of the busiest intersections in the state, over a freeway with multiple on-ramps and off-ramps, and lots of traffic. Idaho's a pretty gritty, dusty state, and inevitably, some of it (OK, a LOT of it) winds up in my eyes. (The other half of the state's grit inevitably ends up on my freshly-applied lip balm.) As I've mentioned before, it's a bad, bad idea for me to ride without prescription lenses- these would totally solve that problem, both on the bike, and on my scooter!

And they match my bike. And my helmet. And if I'm chosen for the EVELO 30-Day Electric Bike Challenge, as I was chatting about here, they'd surely come in handy. I have to have 'em, right? RIGHT?!

Yeah, I've pretty well talked myself into 'em. Now to talk the budget into it. They cost about as much as a carton of cheap smokes- might be do-able after payday. We'll see. If I get them, I promise to let you know how that works out- I've never ordered from Zenni before (and I'm not getting paid to promote them, just so you know), but I've had great luck with Coastal.com, so I'm not shy about getting my glasses on the web. Or on the cheap!

Got a body care recipe and tutorial for you all tomorrow- don't miss it!
~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! Love hearing from you- it makes my day!