-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

*Hee hee* Bob Ladiesroom, fiddler extraordinaire!

Guess who started "singing" this morning?

video

He's not exactly a virtuoso just yet, but if you turn up your sound, you'll be able to hear what a "baby" cricket sounds like, just starting out. Thankfully, he's somewhat more melodic than the average high-school-age garage band! And if you watch closely, you can see how he's doing it, too.

video

In all of the years that I've listened to them, I never realized that they actually just vibrate their wings to make the sound. I'd always been under the impression that they did it with their wings, plus the raspy bits on their legs- but so far, Bob's winging it. His wings are oddly crumpled- not sure whether these are some kind of intermediate, teenager cricket wings, or if this is what he'll have for the rest of his life.
But by golly, he's TRYING!

And really- that's what counts.

~


5 comments:

  1. Hey Heather, I just popped in & I am unable to see your clicks of this post.. any problem with my wifi connection or,, may be there is problem during uploading images..?
    Hope to see all ok..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure- the short videos are working on my browser- I'm using Chrome, currently. I'm hoping you'll be able to see them too! They should be able to be played in any Windows player. What are you seeing when you try to run them?

      Delete
  2. there is white images, not any signs of video kinda thing! i thought these are images!
    may be its because of u-tube ban in my country! Not sure exactly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, that might be! In all honesty, I don't know how, exactly, Blogger hosts video, so that might be the case.
      I'm sorry. :/

      Delete
  3. no problem dear :) keep sharing fun, have a good day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! Love hearing from you- it makes my day!